Manage and oversee the SUSS corporate website and intranet, two key academic platforms.
- The role responds to key SUSS Communications & Marketing (COMM) stakeholders and supports school/department content requests and overall technical management of the SUSS corporate website, CMS website and SUSS intranet (staff portal).
- The role is a combination of roles: Website designer and CMS/intranet consultant, reporting to and overseen by SUSS IT, with a dotted line reporting to COMM, as a key website player and business user.
- The incumbent should have skills and experiences focused on web design / content design / website management as a key priority. Project management skills are essential.
- Maintain the quality of content and design of the SUSS website, in accordance with our brand requirements, to provide a strong and consistent user experience and SEO.
- Build and test on-brand, functional, user-centric web pages/subsites with a good understanding of stakeholder needs, and oversee holistic CMS functionality needs.
- Respond to and support content requests from respective school and departmental websites, including guiding their design agencies from conceptualization to production of web pages, banners, images, wireframes, workflows users, applications, forms and sitemaps, among others.
- Primary point of contact for all company website content requests, including content and design consistency, website guidelines, posting requests and feedback, and training of all company representatives content.
- Incident and problem management for users website CMS, front-end and back-end.
- Monitor and work with website vendors to ensure system reliability, CMS optimization and related projects for better performance and/or UX, UI.
- Investigate/identify key website and digital trends, propose and manage enhancement requests for the continued growth needs of the SUSS corporate website, website CMS and intranet.
- Provide day-to-day technical guidance and support to COMM, content reps and users for website CMS and intranet maintenance.
- Plan, communicate and coordinate with vendors, stakeholders and end users for CMS website and Sharepoint (intranet) release management.
- Obtain IT support to implement and ensure optimal website security, hosting and data protection and intranet performance. This includes training/activating an IT backup for full website and intranet support in the absence of the webmaster.
- Monitor, analyze and report all aspects of website and intranet performance with analytics tools.
- Regulate and manage the access rights of different users on the website and intranet.
- Locate and debug website issues.
- Other tasks also include reviewing site traffic, generating statistics/reports, attending SUSS events.
- Minimum education level: Degree in IT/Computer Science/Web Design/Web Development with 2 years of experience.
- Skills in graphic design and HTML creation. Photoshop/Flash animation is essential. Additional knowledge of the software package will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of website/intranet management and chatbot tools such as Sitefinity, Sharepoint and Bold360.
- Online marketing and SEO skills.
- Knowledge of computer security.
- Strong project and stakeholder management skills.
- Good communication skills, written and oral, to convey key website and platform knowledge and train non-IT stakeholders.
- Independent, reliable and detail-oriented.
- Agile and passionate learner with an innovative and learning mindset to learn new web design skills, new technologies to develop unique websites and user-centric experiences.